Tuesday, July 15, 2014

First SHIPment!

 I got a call from the trucking yesterday.  The guy named Ralph told me they had a shipment for me and had tried to call earlier because they could not find my house.  I checked my phone messages and found that and sure enough they had called...SIX days earlier!  Not sure what my shipment was doing the last 6 days..oh well, I don't have anything yet to glue together.

The shipment was from the MAS epoxy guys from Saint Paul, Minnesota. Six boxes. The stuff that will hold everything together.

The guy shows up with a 45 foot trailer on the back of his semi.  No, I don't think he is going to be able to back up a 1/4 mile down my narrow twisty driveway.  He parked it on the highway and I backed up my pickup to his back door and we unloaded it with no problem.  Well, no problem,  except for the traffic we stopped when he turned around.  Not sure what is going to happen when the plywood and timber are delivered but the driver told me to request a "pup".  I am guessing that is a tailer that is not 45 feet in length.  Pup it is.
  • 10 gallons of MAS marine epoxy resin
  • 4 gallons of MAS slow hardener
  • 1 gallon of MAS fast hardener
  • 25 pounds of epoxy thickeners




A friend says I have enough to glue Beirut back together.





Two weeks for the next shipment and the real boat construction begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment